Please be so kind as to take a moment to click a links below.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Uniform for Augmentation

Recently at CAPTalk a debate has arised on the issue of what kind of uniform CAP should and would wear in the event of base augmentation.
It appears three major options have been given:
1) Normal CAP Air Force Styled Uniform
2) Air Force Styled uniform stripped of rank
3) Corporate uniform

Personally I see no need to wear anything but our normal USAF Style uniforms. I honestly dont think that anyone would be confused enough to think that a CAP officer is in command authority of active troops, the blue name tapes help the issue alot. Some would say however that "We already get saluted while on base, that already shows the confusion we would cause if augmenting!"
Lordmonar summed it up the best;
"There is a big difference than saluting a possible officer and obey their commands.

If I am walking down the road...and see a strange uniform (say a member of the RAF) and it looks sort of officerish...I'm going to whip out a salute and say good morning sir! He he steps into my office and starts giving me orders....well....that's a completely different thing."

Agreed 100% Capt!

1 Comments:

Blogger What's a Flight Officer? said...

You know, I have to say that we worry way too much about these uniform things. Although I very much agree that such discussion is valid, I feel that it should come more as an afterthought. Isn't the first rule of good leadership "Know the Mission"?

As a general rule, shouldn't we as an organization be more concerned with actually augmenting the air force rather than worrying about which uniform to wear if we did?

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home